Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Rapture

The slump of laziness and procrastination ends tomorrow. Or, tonight at 11:30 rather. I'm up and walking and I need to hang on to my studies for the next 2 weeks.
It's 20 degrees outside. I'm writing a story about my fantanstic (root: fantasy) future as a professional living in america and every summer resorting to my olive grove in portugal and having wild uninhibited love affairs away from the stress of the square life in america. It's a spanish essay, and the prompt was: write about your family and how you want your family to look in the future. I decided to twist the prompt a little. The story is aptly titled Oleaceae. Clever me.
Tomorrow the snow will melt, uncovering lost time, and motivation. Bridges will be mended. And my body will be healed. Yes, the snow has helped alot. When the clouds cleared today and the tempurature tested our patience, breathing felt like drinking from a cold water fountain after consuming mint of some sort (toothpaste, altoids, etc).
They say your best friends are met in college. Juggling my social life with spanish essays, fighting to stay average in organic chemistry, the unfortunate monotony of restoration ecology lectures, and the incredible rapture of choir. But I have people who I can communicate with, who I trust.
My mind is empty, and my stomach is full.

The next time you have incredible sex, make sure you define it as being a rapture ("the carrying of a person to another place or sphere of existence"). Wow!

My roomate talks in his sleep. Last night he meowed. Whenever I'm feeling negative, that thought always cheers me up.

Estoy más o menos seguro que "jodo comemierdas sociales" quiere decir "I fuck social shiteaters" me encanta esta frase.

Beth an I are going to new york this spring. Les Miserables run got extended.

I enjoy my small social outings / chit-chats with christine more than most things.


Tonight. I am happy. Rachael is near. Hurrah!

rap‧ture[rap-cher]
–noun
1.ecstatic joy or delight; joyful ecstasy.
2.Often, raptures. an utterance or expression of ecstatic delight.
3.the carrying of a person to another place or sphere of existence.
4.the Rapture, Theology. the experience, anticipated by some fundamentalist Christians, of meeting Christ midway in the air upon his return to earth.
5.Archaic. the act of carrying off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home